What comes to your mind when you hear Coffee and Walnut??… With some Chocolate?? Drooling already isn’t it 🙂 .Coffee-walnut-chocolate cake is probably one the most loved combinations in tea cakes for chocolate and coffee lovers alike. As much as we would love to gorge on the cakes available in coffee shops and bakeries, they aren’t the freshest and healthiest options always.
So, leave your worries aside of having a tasty yet healthy and fresh cake at the comfort of your home .This is completely egg less and is made with healthy ingredients which are mostly available in your kitchen pantry.
Below are the list of ingredients you would need for this one. This yields around a pound cake.
|Prep Time||Assembly Time||Baking Time||Total Time|
|10 Min||5 min||20-25 min||40 min|
|Whole Wheat Flour||1/2 Cup|
|*Ragi(Finger Millet) Flour||1/2 Cup|
|Unsweetened Cocoa Powder||1/4 Cup|
|Drinking Chocolate Powder||2 tsp|
|Coffee Powder||1 tsp|
|Baking Soda||1 tsp|
|*Coconut Sugar||1/2 Cup|
|*Canola Oil||1/4 Cup|
|Crushed Walnuts||2-3 tbsp|
|Ripe Banana||1 Medium|
- Use 1/2 Cup of whole wheat flour if you do not wish to use ragi flour
- Use normal crushed sugar if coconut sugar is not available
- Any flavorless oil can be used – Can be replaced with olive or sunflower oil
Pans and Pots:
- 2 large mixing bowls
- 1 thick bottom pan
- 1 spatula
- 1 Balloon Whisk/Egg beater(You can use a simple Whisk ,if Balloon whisk not available)
- Gas stove/Induction
- Convection Microwave/Oven
- One 7″/8″ Pan
- Curdling the milk:Boil the milk and add the vinegar to it. Whisk the milk so that it curdles. Keep aside to cool.
- Mixing dry ingredient:Mix wheat flour, Ragi flour, coffee powder, cocoa powder, chocolate powder and baking soda in a mixing bowl.
- Once milk is cooled add sugar and oil to it and mix.
- Now add mashed banana to it.
- Add half of dry ingredients mixture to it and fold them in
- Once completely folded add other half of dry ingredients and mix them well.
- Preheat oven at 180 for 10 min. Both rods on and fan on
- Now fold some crushed walnuts.
- Grease and dust a pan and fill it with batter(3/4 full)Tap to release any air and add rest of the crushed walnuts
- Bake for 20 -25 min
- Serve with a cup of coffee or vanilla ice-cream or smear it with rich chocolate ganache. For ganache recipe do check my Mother’s Day chocolate recipe . https://bakesbyrj.in/mothers-day-special-chocolate-cake/
Do try this recipe and leave a comment below , rate it, and don’t forget to post pictures of your cake! I’d love to see what you made and how you surprised your loved ones :). Bake on and spread the love this Valentine’s Day 🙂